Hi all! It's one of your elusive mods.
As you've probably noticed, I've been around more often. I'm going to try to stop by at least once a week to participate in the comments. I appreciate the few of you who let me know about potentially problematic stuff during my absence, and really
appreciate how chill and helpful everyone was. I'm glad you're all adults. (And I'm also glad we don't really talk about Huge Issues here.)
Few moddy things:
1. Yes, I realize our FAQs are still in progress. I'll try to push some of the improvements along in the next week or so, probably by revising and polishing up some answers that y'all have already written.
2. Please remember lj-cuts on lengthy posts. If you don't know how to do that, here's the LJ FAQ page on it
3. We seem to have slipped back into the "ladies" norm. I'd just like to reiterate the request that we consider all uterus-owners in our greetings, including those who don't identify as women or those who get really turned off by the baggage that "ladies" or "girls" can carry. Some potential alternatives are "people" and "y'all." Because of our group name, even the admittedly-problematic "divas" is okay.
4. How have things been going? Is there anything we should discuss as a community? You can also send me a personal message. Emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org doesn't always get to me, and Violet_Flames is even more absent than I am. (Do you think we should get another mod or comm watcher?)
5. When I stopped by, I realized that our greeting feels rather stale and is hard to read. I'm thinking about rewriting it a bit (and putting it in a bigger font).( Collapse )
What do you think? How would you change it to be both welcoming and helpful?
And a bonus 6. This poll about our comm's demographics is a somewhat old one, so you should all go take it and update our data.
I mean, if you want. If you've already taken it, you can update your answers by clicking on the poll number and then "fill out poll."