it's been a pretty smooth ride with mirena so far. before mirena, i had never been on birth control before. i was too scared of the possible negative side effects. i'm glad i finally gave birth control a go.
here are some quick details of my experience since insertion..
- spotting. started to lightly spot a few days after insertion. it's kinda annoying, but a pantyliner helps.
- cramping. not much at all. i'll have a quick cramp for like 10-15 secs but then it's gone for the rest of the day. i can go to work, school and exercise just fine without any problems.
- sex. it's still feels amazing. my sex drive has increased, it was already high, but now i feel like a 15 year old boy who wants it ALL THE TIME. a couple negatives i've noticed are that my lover has to reapply lube on me more often and i'll cramp for a moment or two after sex.
- moods. no change for the better/worse. i still get the same PMS-y symptoms a week before my period.
- acne. no crazy breakouts. my dry skin is a little oilier now, but no biggie.
-periods. i got my first period a couple of days ago and it's been great! pre-iud, i would leak through an ultra tampon within 1-3 hours and HORRIBLE cramps where i did not want to get out of bed. with the mirena, my first period has been very light. i also don't need to pop a bunch of ibuprofen for the pain.
all up, i'm super happy with mirena. thanks again for your support and advice. i hope everyone else is iud-happy too!