IUD Divas is, you guessed it, a community dealing with IUDs and those that have them.
Generally, anything IUD-related is more than welcome in this community. There are a few ground rules, but they're pretty self-explanatory:
Please check the memories and these USAID IUD Essential Information before posting. They might answer your question, or give you a better idea of what to ask, and it will help cut down on repetitive posts. If you post something that is obviously a frequent topic and is answered in the memories, we will take your post down. However, don't be afraid to ask if you check the memories and still have questions or want more info, and please feel free to mention it if something isn't covered in the memories, so we can try to fix that. Thanks!
You may also find our polls and surveys tag useful. To see the results of a poll without answering it yourself, click the number or name of the poll (such as Poll #12345), then the link that says [view poll results].
* Be respectful of other users. They taught you this in kindergarden. No flaming, no name-calling. Do this, and you'll be banned. Possibly with no warning, depending on how bad it was. Anonymous comments have been shut off, since the only people who used them were not using them to make legitimate comments. We are trying to keep this a safe and informative space for everyone. If you need to say something anonymously, contact a mod and we will help you or post for you.
*Do not delete comments. Do not screen comments. If you have an issue with a user, contact a moderator. If information in a comment endangers you in some way (ie, a user posts your real name and home address), you may SCREEN the comment and then contact a moderator (who will want to see the comment to decide what to do about it).
* This is not a medical advice community. It is however a place for people to share information about their birth control (generally IUDs), and ask questions. The goal is to educate our members. As such, it is important to link anything that might *appear* to be medical advice to a reputable source. Encouraging users to use prescription meds the user has not been prescribed will not be tolerated. Encouraging users to discuss a prescription with their doctor if the community member has been helped by it is acceptable. Likewise, mentioning a OTC medication that might help is acceptable. Encouraging a user to use the OTC medication in a way that contradicts the package labeling is unacceptable, as that would be medical advice.
* No trolling, naturally. Don't start, continue, or otherwise participate in flame wars. Don't antagonize other users. Don't be rude.
* Please format your posts in a readable way. This means regular sized, black, standard font; a reasonable attempt at good spelling and grammar; and appropriate punctuation. If you are posting an extremely long post, please LJ-cut (same goes for pictures...but what would you post a picture of here?). Our eyes and friend-lists thank you for your courtesy in this matter! Posts that grossly violate this rule will be deleted.
* Stay on-topic please. We'll give you a lot of room with this, but if it's obviously OT (Your vacation with your Aunt Esther last weekend, or a survey), we'll delete it and you will be warned. Questions about other birth control methods, unless you're asking in relation to IUDs in some way, should be posted at birthcontrol.
* In relation to that: for questions regarding other forms of birth control, please visit birthcontrol. For questions regarding sex, try sextips, and try vaginapagina, for information on women's health/sex/other issues.